College Life Again

As of Saturday I am all moved in to my dorm room and I’ve got to say, it’s pretty nice. On one hand it stinks that my room mate isn’t going to be coming back, but if we had to fit two people in this room it would get a little cramped. I took apart the other bed and moved everything around so it’s nice and open now so it’s a good setup. It looks like the dining hall situation here hasn’t changed a bit though, which is unfortunate. It’s nice to know that my school still hasn’t figured out the proper size for a coffee cup. Here’s a hint, if it takes five of your cups to equal one of mine, they are too small. I mean maybe that’s a teensy bit of an exaggeration, but seriously, they are ridiculously tiny and even though I am a total coffee fiend, that’s still a true statement, I have people who will back me up on that one.

Being back at school is also completely different from living with my sister over the summer just because of where I am. I mean technically I think we were in a city this summer, but it was a very chill, hippie-ish place where you could walk around barefoot and not get a second glance, which is what I did the majority of the time. Now I’m back in a “real” city where it’s unusual to not hear sirens every couple hours and bare feet are kind of frowned upon and it’s weird having to put shoes on to go anywhere when I was used to not doing that.

Need to find the kitchen in this place too.

On Sunday I actually got a pretty early start because I had a little trouble sleeping, so I ended up getting up around 9:30, but then I remembered that my school’s one and only dining hall doesn’t even open until 10:30 on the weekends. Oh joy. That was a fun time twiddling my thumbs for an hour waiting to get food. After food happened I was straightening up some of my things, getting ready to be productive when I stumbled across some old pyramid studs I had taken off of various things and stashed for later use and I thought they would look pretty nifty on the pair of bright blue shorts I wore the day before so I spent a minute or two embellishing and lo and behold, an already cute pair of shorts became even cuter!


One good thing about being back is that I’d forgotten that the chocolate chip cookies in the dining hall are actually really good, which is weird because everything else is kind of atrocious. I indulged a little at lunch yesterday though by making an ice cream sandwich with a couple of cookies. I felt totally judged by the chick behind me when I was putting a scoop of ice cream on top of a cookie, but then I realized she was doing the exact same thing. Great minds think alike. I figure it’s okay too because I haven’t made cupcakes since before I left, plus I’ve been eating pretty well, mainly because there really isn’t much to actually eat, so it’s been a lot of coffee and bagels, which might not sound good, but for me it’s better than my very attractive habit of stress eating loads of junk food, so it’s not too bad really.

After today I’ve officially had all of my classes and some seem better than others, which is pretty standard, so no surprise there. Anatomy and Physiology lab seems like it’ll be interesting in particular (that one’s sticking in my mind because I ended my day with it today). My lab partner and the girls we’re at a table with are pretty cool, although we didn’t really know what was going on most of the time, so that was interesting. Maybe not really a good thing, but it was amusing at least so it wasn’t a boring class. The one thing that worries me is that we’re going to have to dissect a cat later in the semester and for all the tough talking I do, I’m not sure how well that’s going to go over. I opted out of dissecting a fetal pig in high school and we used sheep’s blood in part of our lab today and that skeeved me out a bit, so we’ll see. It’s just one of those things I’ve got to do though, so I’ll suck it up and deal I guess.

I’ve also been getting some work done on my stuff for Etsy, so get excited for that kids because it’s gonna be awesome. I mean I’ve been swamped with work already but the nice thing about working small is that I can still turn out some products even with only having an hour here and there to work, so that’s pretty cool. I still need a name for my business though and for some reason I’m just not getting anything. I’ve had a couple of ideas but I’m just not really feeling them, so I’ve got to get that figured out, but other than that I’m feeling pretty good about this whole thing.


One of my little books in progress. Yeah, I took an action shot because I’m cool like that.

Anyhow, not really anything ground breaking going on at the moment, but I just wanted to check in because I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth or anything, so that’s what’s up and hopefully I’ll have some cupcakes and more Etsy news to share with you guys soon. Until then, laters.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s